My Little Sister and I
Besides my parents, my only little sister who is a year younger than me is the most important person in my life. Even though we both are taught by our parents and live in the same environment, we are totally different. In Vietnamese tradition, birth order in the family is very important compare to other traditions. There are some differences which are very interesting about my little sister and me.
First of all, the ways we call each other, which are the same in some countries, has to be different. I have to call her by her name or “little sister”. That’s why she is supposed to call me“big brother”. That’s how tranquil we are in my family when we call each other by respectably as my parents teach us.
Additionally, Because of the birth order, my parents treat us differently. I am the older one, so I have to have more responsibilities than my sister does. For example, when we argue to each other, it does not matter she is wrong or not, I have to explain to my parents and say sorry to them first. I am scared when I talk to my dad because he is a little strict, but my little sister always has funny conversations with him.
Actually, my parents really care about our marriages. My sister can not get married with somebody before my wedding. For example, if she has fiancĂ© when I am still single, she has to wait until my wedding. After the wedding, my wife and I have to stay with them and help them do their work. Different from my sister, she has to move out and stay with her husband’s parents whom she has to take care of in the rest of her life.
Those are some differences about the birth order between my little sister and me. It does not matter we are different or not, but we still love and care about each other to make our family better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment